Communication confidence – the goal of our Conversational English Classes.
Based on research from linguistics and education, our classes are designed to be interactive and enable you to rapidly improve in spoken English.
Anxiety is the #1 problem people experience when learning conversational English. We provide a relaxed environment where you become friends with native speakers of English.
Our teachers are certified ESL instructors, linguistics students, and experienced American language educators and coaches. We have been teaching international scholars to develop English skills for 33 years. Our instruction focuses on pronunciation, idioms, and American culture. Classroom learning is reinforced by immediately using what is learned in a lecture by practicing with friends in small groups. See the class structure in the meeting plan below.
Join us for an enjoyable evening of learning and speaking English, and make some great friends! We have lots of volunteers who are native speakers of English waiting to talk with you. You can download a PDF file of one of our lessons by clicking here: Sample Lesson
- No Cost – classes are free for internationals.
- No registration – just come to class and see if you improve!
- No book to purchase – we provide lesson notes at each class.
- Location: Classes meet at the Baptist Student Union – across the street from UF! The address is 1604 West University Avenue. Click here for Directions / Map.
Notice: Talk Time is 6:50 pm until 7:05 pm. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to practice speaking with kind and helpful native speakers!
Monday, Jan. 14 – First Class of Spring Semester!
SPRING 2019 Schedule
Class time: 6:50 – 9:00 pm
- Monday, Jan 14- First Class of the semester!
- Monday, Jan. 21
- Monday, Jan. 28
- Monday, Feb. 4
- Monday, Feb. 11
- Monday, Feb. 18
- Monday, Feb. 25
- Monday, Mar. 4 – No class: Volunteer/Spring Break
- Monday, Mar. 11
- Monday, Mar. 18
- Monday, Mar. 25
- Monday, Apr. 1
- Monday, Apr. 8
- Monday, Apr. 15
- Monday, Apr. 22 – Last Class – Awards Night!