Join us for a pleasant evening dining with University Professors. Dinner is a home-cooked American meal served banquet style.
Supper with Scholars is a unique dinner banquet for international students and scholars. We host 12 UF professors and their spouses as our guests for the evening. Each professor and his/her spouse will be seated at a table with an IF table host. International students & scholars sit with them and enjoy a home-cooked American dinner together. There is live music during the meal and a special performance after dessert.
Following the musical performance, we have a panel discussion with the professors who address questions from international students and scholars.
Dinner begins at 7:00 pm on Thursday, October 25th, 2018 at the Baptist Student Center. To view a map, click here: Directions / Map.
The dinner is free for internationals, but you must have a reservation! Seating is limited to 120 people. Invitations will be sent by email and names will be checked digitally on Eventbrite registration. If you are not on our email list, sign up at the top of this page to get a reservation – it’s a great way to connect!
Please note: Due to space limitations, we cannot accommodate children. Parents will need to provide for their own childcare. Sorry!
Guest Professors from past Suppers:
- Dr. B.J. Fregly, Professor of Biomechanical Engineering, UF
- Dr. Samuel Wong, Assistant Professor, UF Department of Statistics
- Dr. Steve Dorman, President, Georgia College & State University
- Dr. George Lebo, Professor Emeritus, UF Department of Physics & Astronomy
- Dr. Jed Keesling, Professor of Mathematics, UF
- Dr. Guodong Liu, Assistant Professor, UF Department of Horticultural Sciences
- Dr. John Chen, Assistant Professor, UF College of Business Administration
- Dr. Franky So, Professor of Materials Science & Engineering, UF
- Dr. Jay Lynch, Professor of Medicine, UF College of Medicine
- Dr. Dorian Rose, Assistant Professor, UF Department of Physical Therapy
- Dr. Yan Gong Whisler, Associate Professor, UF College of Pharmacy
- Dr. Edward Minchin, Professor, UF College of Design, Construction & Planning
- Dr. Steve Sargent, Professor, UF Department of Horticultural Sciences
- Dr. Song Lai, Professor, UF McKnight Brain Institute
- Dr. Gbola Adesogan, Professor of Animal Science, UF
- Dr. Rick Smith, Professor of Mathematics, UF
- Dr. Lynn Sollenberger, Professor of Agronomy, UF